Looking for a quick reference guide?
We have an Office Flyer!
Decker Hall and Hausdoerffer & Phelps Halls have their own flyer!
TCNJ is single stream recycling, that means that if you find a blue container you can add your paper AND bottles and cans (as described below) into the same container for recycling!
What can I recycle at TCNJ?
Details associated with the TCNJ Recycling Program:
Bottles and Cans
Bottles and Cans are NOT required to be cleaned but must they must be emptied.
(“wavy” interior is acceptable)
Please note that this list of items is subject to change with new disposal contracts.
What can I NOT recycle at TCNJ?
Common Contaminated Items that TCNJ can NOT Accept
- Anything that is contaminated by food
- Paper coffee cups
- Pizza boxes
- Food paper plates
- Text Books
- Paper towels (these are mistaken for the paper recycling containers in the bathrooms)
- Pyrex glass
How can I avoid contaminating recyclables?
- Empty liquids out of bottles and cans prior to recycling (soda cans, water bottles, sports drinks, etc.)
- Don’t place garbage (paper towels, gum wrappers, etc.) inside recycling containers or bottles and cans that are being recycled
- Ask questions regarding TCNJ Recycling Guidelines when in doubt if something can be recycled
What other items can I recycle at TCNJ?
All types of batteries. Learn more
BATTERY RECYCLING FOR TCNJ COMMUNITY ONLY:
BATTERY DROP OFF LOCATIONS ON CAMPUS:
- Brower Student Center – Info Desk – Must show your TCNJ identification card
Cell phones and their accessories
(Can NOT be thrown into the trash, most products come with this sticker)
- Contact Amanda Radosti at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a display box for your area
- Check with your cell phone provider to see if they accept old cell phones
- Ink jet recycling can be brought to the Telecommunicaitons Office in Green Hall Lower Level OR R. Barbara Gitenstein Library, Room 4 – Instructional Design Lab
- Contact Amanda Radosti at email@example.com to request a display for your area
- Check with your place of purchase to see if they accept old cartridges
- Some schools may collect these as fund raisers
- Return to Current Office Supply Vendor (Staples)
- Clearly mark Recycle on box of used toner and office supply vendor will pick up when dropping off new items
CDs, DVDs and VHS tapes
- Technotrash Recycling – Please make sure to destroy all personal content.
- These items can be accepted at the IT Help Desk in Green Hall.
When in doubt, throw it out!
Still have questions about what can be recycled? Contact the Recycling Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org